The Season of Giving
For the past twelve years, Mental Health Ministries has been a nationally recognized resource site for print and media to educate faith communities to be caring congregations to persons living with a mental illness and those who care for them.
Who pays for this important work?
Donors like you, the sale of DVDs and books, Susan’s honorariums and small grants. This non-profit ministry receives no financial support from the church or other group.
What have we accomplished?
- Via an excellent website, we are providing a wide variety of downloadable print resources including brochures, bulletin inserts, flyers, worship resources, articles and a comprehensive resource/study guide.
- e-Spotlights are e-mailed throughout the year to over 3,000 recipients. Spotlights feature timely resources for special times of the year including May is Mental Health Month, Mental Illness Awareness Month, Veterans Day and resources to help people cope with the holidays. Spotlights also feature articles, books, conference opportunities and models of ministry.
- We produced four DVDs with study guides for faith leaders to use with their congregations:
- Creating Caring Congregations
- Mental Health Mission Moments
- Postpartum Depression
- Mental Illness and Families of Faith: How Congregations Can Respond
- Collaboration with mental health providers and national organizations including NAMI FaithNet, Pathways to Promise, American Association of Pastoral Counselors, Mental Health America and others is part of our mission.
- Consulting with communities in several states to design and implement conferences on spirituality and mental health has led to a variety of creative mental health outreach programs.
- We write articles and contribute to a variety of print resources to lift up the important role faith communities can play in addressing stigma.
In addition to continuing the activities described above, in 2014 we hope to produce a new DVD, “Stories of Healing and Hope: PTSD, Trauma and Suicide.” This DVD will include three of our most recent HD productions.
- Out of the Ashes: Transforming Trauma
- PTSD: Healing and Hope
- Suicide: Healing After the Death of a Loved One
How you can help?
In this season of giving please consider a tax deductible gift to Mental Health Ministries. Any size gift to support this ministry is appreciated. Donations can be made through the website or by mail and you will receive a letter acknowledging your contribution for your tax records.
If you are interested in helping directly underwrite the cost of our new DVD, your generosity will be acknowledged in the credits. Contact Rev. Susan Gregg-Schroeder directly if you would like more information.
Thank you for helping us continue to educate faith communities to erase the stigma of mental illness and be caring congregations to persons living with a mental illness and those who care for them.
Your tax-deductible donations to the mission of MHM can be sent to:
Mental Health Ministries
c/o Rev. Susan Gregg-Schroeder, Coordinator
6707 Monte Verde Dr.
San Diego, CA 92119